Law 19 of The 48 Laws of Power In Action


Law 19 - Know who you're dealing with. Do not offend the wrong person. -Robert Greene, The 48 Laws of Power

The phrase “the customer is always right” has completely faded from memory at a lot of these companies. Nowadays, the new phrase is “the customer is always wrong.” I don’t know where businesses began forgetting that it’s their consumers that keep them in business, but it’s quite prominent now. Perhaps government bailouts have made these companies feel invincible since being incorrigible is rewarded. I remember years ago going to Wal-Mart and standing in the CUSTOMER SERVICE department and seeing three people ahead of me being sent back to the front door to have their items tagged as returns because the customer service representative refused to listen to them as they told her that the greeter wasn’t at the door. She didn’t definitively tell them that they snuck in, but her refusal of listening to them said it all. Today, I spoke to the MANAGER at Kelly Services about their e-registration having issues, and she refused to listen and eventually stated that it’s just easier for me to redo the process. I’d previously told her that she might want to get with her IT department to see what’s going on since their system is deleting people's information. Her response was to tell me that I can contact them. Unless I’m mistaken (moreover, I know that I’m not) it’s the employee's--including managers, I later found out that she’s the manager--job to follow up on inquiries, not the customer’s job (when it directly relates to an issue that stemmed from the particular division the client contacted). Even though I’ll still have to redo the e-registration process again, I decided since the Kelly Services manager seems like she has bitch tourettes that perhaps if her human resources department from her headquarters contacts her, her common courtesies and notions of how to correctly deal with customers may return. –TheKing_65 (April 22, 2014)

After this little incident, she became far more hospitable. –TheKing_65 (April 22, 2016)

(Disclosure: This website may be compensated for sales of products linked to.)


(If you enjoyed this post, then please consider subscribing to stay up-to-date with my latest postings and sharings. Also, please share and support Worldly Game.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tag the Sponsor Exposes the Depravity of Modern Women

Art of Seduction Archetypes

7 Things To Do To Make Her Act Right