Know-it-Alls Know Nothing


Alright, I once got into an argument with a guy on someone else’s post in regards to finances. The post stemmed from someone talking about stacking enough money to invest in mutual funds. The man attempted to tell the person that they should focus more on investing in a business. I chimed in and let the guy know that investing in mutual funds is equivalent to investing in companies. The guy tried to play a game of semantics, so I posted a link that backed my claim. Next, the man stated that--although he does not understand the stock market--he understands business, so he knows what he was talking about when he told the person to focus on investing in a company. To counter his argument, I said to the guy that I have a mutual fund and have made money from mutual funds, so I know what I am talking about; I also told the person to pick up “Personal Finances For Dummies” to become more financially savvy. This caused the person to attempt an ad hominem attack by inquiring how many shares do I own in a business. I told the person that I do not know how many shares I own in a company, but I know I made money last year. From here, the person once again attempted to throw an ad hominem attack by saying that I did not make very much money, and then going on to talk about profit and loss statements. The person also let me know that he has worked in multiple banks in an attempt to further substantiate his talking points. To counter this person, I told him that I have worked in the financial industry, have read several finance books, I’m majoring in business, and have a hugely successful mentor that practices all of the claims that I previously made within the post--due to the advice of his financial advisor. From here the person decided to drop the debate merely. I made one last talking point. I inquired if the individual actually invests himself. The person let me know that he does invest in businesses.
Now, to the unindoctrinated, and/or game novice, his statement about working in a bank would have scared him/her off. However, in the financial company I was in we had several people that have worked in banks but had no clue about financial investments, so this statement did not scare me. Furthermore, since I have dealt with my bank for years--regarding having them create my portfolio—I’m well aware did only a select amount of people within the bank are authorized to talk about financial investments; these people have to be licensed and/or certified. Now, this person never told me that he was licensed and/or certified. Now--from this alone--this ordinarily would not be enough to determine that the individual is not licensed and/or certified, except for the fact that I had to explain to this person that a stock-owner and a shareholder are the same thing. A financial professional would have known that, so his positions within the banks did not involve him making financial decisions with other people’s money. Now, the person told me that he invests in businesses; this is likely true. However, the person admitted that he does not understand the stock market--so since he does not understand the stock market--he also does not understand how to properly research a company before choosing to invest in the enterprise. In other words, he is a person that basically gives needy companies his money because he does not know any better. Companies only sell stock for two reasons: to expand or to raise capital. Majority shareholders may get first dibs to buy stock, but it still boils down to those two reasons. Had this guy listened, he could have learned something, but since he is a know-it-all, he knows nothing.
Now, that was the extent of that debate; however, this same person, later on, made another post about whether or not to fire a female for giving you chlamydia; he said this was a hypothetical situation.
Now, nobody makes hypothetical questions about sexually transmitted diseases. Also, this person ruled out the possibility of this post being about a friend because he never stated it is about a friend, so this just leaves him. Apparently, the female that he is currently dating burned him. What this means is that she is reckless with her pussy. Usually, tell-tale female signs that they are careless, but for a game-goofy know-it-all, he will miss the signs.
Furthermore, this guy is going through it with his baby’s mother taking him to the court system. In other words, this guy is going through some things. Guys like this stay going through stuff because they don’t listen to anyone. They assume that they know it all and take significant L’s due to that train of thinking.
The moral of this story is not to be a know-it-all.  –Derrick Mills, 04/12/2015

(If you enjoyed this post, then please consider subscribing to stay up-to-date with my latest postings and sharings. Also, please share and support Worldly Game.)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag the Sponsor Exposes the Depravity of Modern Women

Art of Seduction Archetypes

7 Things To Do To Make Her Act Right