The Benefits of Journaling Part 2


Journaling is like the martial arts; it’s a discipline. To get the mental, emotional, and insightful breakthroughs that you are looking for, one has to be disciplined and consistent. You can’t journal 1 week, and then take the next 3 weeks off; being consistent is the key.
Journaling works because it causes you to be introspective. When you journal, you are really asking yourself questions that you wouldn’t usually ask yourself; this is called “self-discovery.” You are learning new things about yourself. The benefits of journaling are amazing. One benefit a person obtains through journaling is total recall. When you start journaling, and you are consistent with it, you will get into the habit of recalling your day as you journal. When you do this on a regular, your memory will become sharper. 
Another benefit of journaling is your handwriting will improve. Handwriting is 1/3 of literacy. These days, people don’t physically write anymore, and neither do they remember. There was a time when people actually had to remember phone numbers, dates, addresses, and whatnot (without the use of mobile devices). These days, society just pulls up your contact info, and no mental effort is put forth. Journaling stops a person from being mentally lazy.
Another benefit is journaling stops a person from being a gossiper. Say, for instance, a friend of yours tells you a problem that they are going through; now, since humans are inclined to share info when they hear it--instead of sharing that news with another--you tell that shit to your journal. So, your friend’s secrets are now safe and locked away with your secrets. 
Journaling has helped me tremendously down through the years. With journaling, you are your own student as well as your own teacher. With me, when I journal and document the happenings of my day, I can actually see the Law of Sowing and Reaping. When somebody has been shitty and disrespectful to me, I can go through my journal and see where I have first been shitty and disrespectful to another. Then when a person has been helpful and a major blessing to me, I can go through my journal and actually see where I was first helpful and a major blessing to someone before. Also, every harvest that I reaped--whether it was good or bad--ALWAYS came from a different person. You don’t receive the disrespect from the one you disrespected. The disrespect always comes from another. You don’t receive the help and blessings from the person that you actually helped, that, too, always comes from another.
I remember when my buddy needed a loan and he came to me. Now, anybody that knows me knows that if I loan you $10 you have to pay me back $15. So, my buddy needed this loan really bad because he said he was going through some shit and asked could I please not charge him “taxes” on the loan. I distinctly said, “I’m going to give you a break” (This shit is written word for word in my journal). So, my buddy got the loan, and he paid me back.  Fast forward 3 months later. I was at the car dealership getting my car serviced. The service on my car was $300 and some change. My car was finished, and when I went to pay, I realized that I left my wallet at home. So, I went to the manager to explain my plight. As I’m explaining, the manager said, "Normally, the company policy is if work was done on your vehicle, and you don't have the money to pay, we have to call the cops and make some type of report." The manager even showed me that shit in the store’s policy. However, after he was done telling me that, the manager echoed the same words that I told my buddy, "I’m going to give you a break." 
So, dude let me take my car home to get the money to pay him--although I had to leave my cell phone as collateral.
What journaling has taught me is that it really matters how you treat people. If haters are in a person’s life, the person that is receiving hatred is also sowing hatred. The person that is being disrespected is also sowing disrespect. You reap out of life what you have sown, good or bad. 
I could be here all day singing the praises of journaling. Journaling definitely makes you a better person because you are learning from yourself. However, as I said, journaling is a discipline that must be respected.  –Beasley Gatez, 03/09/2018 Courtesy of UPA

(If you enjoyed this post, then please consider subscribing to stay up-to-date with my latest postings and sharings. Also, please share and support Worldly Game.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tag the Sponsor Exposes the Depravity of Modern Women

Art of Seduction Archetypes

7 Things To Do To Make Her Act Right